viewmail-info

Re: [VM] VM sending something other than text/plain?

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] VM sending something other than text/plain?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:40:03 +0000

On 11/30/2011 7:59 PM, Terry Jones wrote:

Today I had a weird experience. Someone Cc'd on an email I sent with VM
(8.2.0a) replied to me with a screenshot of the mail as he saw it in Gmail.
Some parts of the mail body had purple text, some black.  I'd composed the
mail after pasting text in from a bash window. You could see where I'd
typed new text.

Have you tried sending yourself the same kind of message? Type `D' a couple of times to see the undecoded MIME.

My guess is that the cut-and-pasted text might be in a different character set.

Cheers,
Uday