viewmail-info

Re: [VM] sybillin warning messages at start

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] sybillin warning messages at start
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 17:30:53 +0100

Damien Wetzel writes:

> by the way, do you think it's reasonable still using VM for reading
> emails nowadays, wich email reader would you recommend as a replacement if
> the answer is yes . :)

Yup, VM is working quite fine under the present day's requirements. We are
probably a couple of years behind the other mail tools in terms of
functionality, basically because we lost some time in the transitions from
Kyle Jones to Rob F, and then Rob F to the current team.  But, since VM has
always been quite advanced for its time, it copes quite well.

The other mail tools that are often mentioned are Gnus and Wanderlust.  Some
of us tried Gnus, but it didn't fit our mental framework for email.
Wanderlust seems fairly similar to VM in its architecture, but it has
been said that it has a "steep learning curve".  But people that do basic
things seem quite happy with it.

Cheers,
Uday