viewmail-info

[VM] s/mime support?

From: Arik Mitschang
Subject: [VM] s/mime support?
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:43:52 -0400

Hi All,

Just wondering if folks have any thoughts on working toward support of
s/mime in VM? I mean something like using the mime capabilities to
recognize "pkcs7-mime" content-types and then running a tool like
openssl on the components of such a message. Or when composing a
message we could have support for s/mime by parsing the recipients and
locating appropriate certificates in a directory with symlinks and
signing capability of course.

If we rely in a big part on external tools (like openssl) it might be
a pretty easy thing to work in, plus speed is really a non-issue here.

Thanks,
~Arik