vacation-list

[Vacation-list] -r flag not working?

From: Andy Moore
Subject: [Vacation-list] -r flag not working?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:22:19 -0600

At the company where I work I have set up an email address that _needs_ to auto-respond to every single email that comes in (with cetain checks of course). Obviously I felt the vacation program would be the easiest way to set it up. The man page tells of the -r <number of days> option but as far as I can tell it isn't working as advertised when I run >vacation -r 0 as the user of the email account that this needs to work with. Do I need to manually edit the .forward file or something or is there some other way I could do this?

This particular machine is running exim on Debian Woody. Thanks for any help.

PS. I've also looked into using exim's built in filter function but it opened up a whole new set of problems (not sure if exim is set up by default to do that on a user basis).

Andy Moore