uucp-general

Re: [Uucp-general] UUCP sessions from outside do not work

From: Jutta Wrage
Subject: Re: [Uucp-general] UUCP sessions from outside do not work
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 12:50:22 +0100

Hi Hauke!

Am 19.01.2020 um 13:22 schrieb Hauke Fath:

> Whatever was changed by the "upgrade" would be a good candidate.  ;)

I wonder, too.
It must be something that has changed between the Debian versions.

What I noticed as the only visible Change:

User UUCP in passwd new:
uucp:/var/spool/uucp:/usr/sbin/nologin

passwd old: uucp:/var/spool/uucp:/bin/sh

Somewhere I did find a message that uucico now may have to be called with sh
when locally used. But I still have no clue, whether there has to be changed
something in the old settings and if, where at all.

I wonder if anybody else is using UUCP on Debian.

regards,

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de