users-prolog

Problems building gprolog 1.3.0 on Solaris 10

From: Barnes, Kimberly-P27922
Subject: Problems building gprolog 1.3.0 on Solaris 10
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:01:04 -0700

Make is failing with it complies the first .pl file. I have seen that others
have had the same problem with different versions of gprolog but none of the
solutions has worked for me and many did not have solutions. I really need help
because my group is moving all our tools to Solaris 10 and I am holding up the
move.

Here is configuration information

GNU Prolog version : 1.3.0 (Jan 4, 2007)
Operating system : solaris2.10
Processor:         sparc
Size of Word:      32 bits
C compiler:        gcc (version 3.4.3)
C flags:           -DDEBUG
C flags: machine :
Loader Flags:
Loader Libraries: -lm -lsocket -lns!
Use line editor: Yes
Use piped Consult: Yes
Use Sockets: Yes
Use FD solver: Yes
Use Machine regs: Yes
Used register(s): g6 g7

The following is the error that occurs during the make

gplc -c --fast-math fd2c.pl
trying at high addr: ffffff0 --> base: d75e000 length:10649600
obtaining: d75e000

+++Executing Obj Init Function at: bc1ac
executing init obj of consult.wam
compilation failed
make[1] fd2c.0 [error 1]

The following is the error that occurs when run pl2wam to get the debug
information

trying at high addr: ffffff0 --> base: d75e000 length:10649600
obtaining: d75e000

+++Executing Obj Init Function at: bc1ac
executing init obj of consult.wam
segmentation fault

Thank you

Kimberly Barnes
Software Engineer Staff
General Dynamics C4 Systems
#R1216
8220 Roosevelt St
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone: 480-441-2290
Fax: 480-675-1449
"Tough Times Don't Last but Tough people Do" -Dr. Robert Schuller

"This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain GDC4S confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message."