unifont

Re: [unifont] unifont_jp-12.1.02.ttf link in unifoundry.com is broken

From: Paul Hardy
Subject: Re: [unifont] unifont_jp-12.1.02.ttf link in unifoundry.com is broken
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 18:42:57 -0700

Roy,

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 6:57 AM Paul Hardy <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 4:33 PM <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > It seems that he has a blog:
> > http://yu-izumi.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/03/17/065718
> > You may try leave a comment there.
>
> Thank you.  I just submitted a comment on that blog in English...

I have waited for over a month with no response from the person who
maintains that website.  Thus I have removed the duplicate glyphs that
are blanks and placed the modified izmg16 BDF fonts on my website at

     http://unifoundry.com/japanese/

(Scroll down to the "Izumi 16" section.)  I added my name to the
comments at the start of those BDF files as having removed duplicates,
and added a line at the end of the comments explicitly mentioning that
the files are in the public domain.  I would have preferred
coordinating such changes with the upstream distributor, but that was
not possible with his lack of response.

I am also preparing some other changes and moving a server, so I might
not have the new version ready quickly but I will map the Izumi 16
glyphs to Unicode code points, and they will definitely be in the next
Unifont release.

Thank you,

Paul Hardy