underware-devel

[Underware-devel] Model/View/Controller pong rewrite

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Underware-devel] Model/View/Controller pong rewrite
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:56:10 +0100

        Hi,

        I've implemented the sound and the ball using the
Model/View/Controller paradigm. It is available at
http://www.dachary.org/underware/underware-0.1.7.tar.gz

        The ball is bouncing, paddles are moving but the game logic is
not implemented (collision + win/lose). I figure it belongs to the
higher level classes Vincent Caron is writing.

        Regarding the sound I took a rather drastic approach,
implementing everything in MAF. The pong does not derive the audio.h
classes because I did not see anything specific to the pong. Playing
the soundtrack would probably be done according to the game
description loaded, the bouncing ball sound is triggered by the game
logic when it notices a collision, after moving the sound instance at
the collision location.

        The maintainance point of view (debug, error handling) is also
not implemented. I'd rather wait to see if these lower level classes
indeed fit with the higher level classes dealing with game

        Cheers,

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97