traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] save status

From: plutek
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] save status
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 11:55:48 -0500 (EST)

From: Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>

>> > is there any possibility to save a status of a project, copy it and
>> > work on from this copy? Somehow I wasn't successful (on OS X).
>
> In short, yes, but I'm not sure to what degree you want this functionality,
> and what purpose does it serve?

i have a well-defined versioning scheme for mixing which allows me to
intelligently keep track of the stages between tracking and final mix. in
ardour, i *always* save "snapshots", rather than over-writing the main session
file, and label them according to where i'm at in my versioning scheme, along
with the date and time. this allows me to easily step back to a previous
version, if a client wants things to go in a different direction from a certain
point in the process. session files (or, in traverso, project files) are small,
so there's little cost associated with saving lots of them.

also, one might be doing alternate mixes of a given song, and this sort of
facility could provide a flexible way of managing "forks" of a mix.

all the best for the new year, everyone... cheers!
.pltk.