traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Routing: SubGroups

From: plutek-infinity
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Routing: SubGroups
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:44:43 -0500

>From: Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>
>Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:38:17 +0100

>Nicola made this nice mockup of how we can/should handle Master Out, SubGroups
>and 'connecting' them together.
>(Nicola: I hope you don't mind sharing your wonderful artwork?)
>
>Comments and/or suggestions are of course welcome!

hi remon and nicola... thanks for that summary!

one thing that jumps out at me is this statement, on page 8: "In theory the
MasterOut bus is nothing but a subgroup where all signals pass through before
going to the hardware."

does this imply that you are not allowing connection to external processes,
except from MasterOut? there are lots of scenarios in which one might want to
send signals from subs or tracks to other hardware besides the main monitors,
or to other software for processing. then, of course, we should also be able to
connect arbitrary input points to output from other software as well, so that
we can form processing loops which are external to traverso.

i guess, in terms of external DSP, i'm getting into things which are usually
handled by inserts and sends, which may be beyond what you're currently
implementing. however, for live monitoring, the ability to send Sub or Track
outputs to arbitrary hardware could be quite useful.

cheers!

--
.pltk.