traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] WavPack Encoding Prefs

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] WavPack Encoding Prefs
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:16:59 +0200

Hi Ben,

> For wavpack encoding, there's now an option for using "Almost Lossless
> Compression".
>
> The default is lossless, so checking this box decreases the quality of
> the recordings.  But right now, I think the wording of the checkbox
> makes it sound like a good thing.  :)
>
> Maybe it should be "Save disk space by using lossy encoding" or
> something similar.

Hmyeah, the gain by this 'semi-lossless' encoding isn't that much, but
according to the author of wavpack the quality loss is negligible.
My idea was to explain all the wavpack options in detail behind the button
with the info icon.
Saying that it is lossy encoding isn't really right... Oh well. :D

Remon