traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Arm Track 'brush' command added to cvs

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Arm Track 'brush' command added to cvs
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:22:48 +0100

Hi,

I didn't have time to test it yet, but from your statement I reckon that it
works as I expected.

The idea was that it acts like a paint brush. Everything that was touched by
the brush has it's color, if it is touched twice, it still has the brushes
color. If you start the action on a disarmed track, the color is "armed", and
everything touched is armed (regardless of the state it had before). If the
action starts on an armed track, the color is "disarmed".

If you have a mixture of armed and disarmed tracks:

1 O
2 O
3 A
4 O
5 A
6 O

and you want to arm all of them, just start the [A] action on track 1 and touch
*all* tracks. This should lead to

1 A
2 A
3 A
4 A
5 A
6 A

rather than just toggling the state of each touched track:

1 A
2 A
3 O
4 A
5 O
6 A

I hope this makes sense. I haven't tested it yet and I don't know if it feels
natural.

Nic

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:08:22 -0700