traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Some confirmations for the manual

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Some confirmations for the manual
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:05:56 +0100

Hi,

> > > I have a question for you, as you seem to be a native English speaker.
> > > I'm writing a manual for traverso, currently its between 20 and 30 A5
> > > pages, but it should become a complete reference in future. Since my
> > > native language is not English, it would be great if you could review
> it
> > > and improve it language-wise. In one month or so I hope to have most
> of
> > > the chapters ready. At the moment the features of traverso change
> > > rapidly, which makes it a bit hard to write a command reference for
> > > example. If you agree to support me (which I would highly appreciate)
> > > could send you the finished chapters in a couple of days/weeks.
>
> > I'm not a native english speaker, but I do consider my english very
> good.
> > If you need help with the manual, I'll gladly offer my services. Just
> let
> > me know where you want me, what I can start with, etc etc.

Thanks a lot for your offer. Matt offered his help, too, so maybe I'll post my
work in progress to the list soon, to get some feedback from you guys. Then we
(or you and Matt) can fix the english version, and finally I'll translate it to
german. What other languages do we have? Dutch and Swedish? I have friends who
speak French, maybe one of them helps us, too. And Spanish would be nice. (I
know a few people speaking Spanish (native), but I wouldn't call them
technically skilled enough to be able to translate all the special terms
correctly...)

ATM I'm stuck a bit, because there are some things which are broken - fades for
example - and it's hard to describe something that may change in near future.
(And I didn't dare to ask Remon to fix it, because he's in a rather unforgiving
mood recently...)

> > ~Ingmar
>
> Oops, Ingmar's destructor is called..... he's joining Jonatan now.....

ROTFL!

Regards
Nic::Nic() : QVeryNiceGuy() {}

(Was that constructive enough? :-P )