traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] playhead cpu usage, crosshair like implementation n

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] playhead cpu usage, crosshair like implementation needed ?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:21:16 +0100

> Thanks for the explanation. It seems we have to live with it for now. Just
> out of curiosity: Do you know if the 3D desktop stuff (Xgl, Aixgl, compiz,
> beryll etc.) could solve these problems? If I understood correctly the
> painting is hardware accellerated, but I've never tried it out since I
> don't care that much about these gimmicks.

These programs make use of opengl, so the driver has to support that!

A new acceleration architecture, called EXA is about to become useable, and as
far as I understand it accelerates 'normal' painting operations by use of
opengl, but I could be mistaken. It should at least be faster then XAA, and
EXA should be available in Xorg 7.3 (hopefully lol)

Obviously, cpu hogging problems have to be fixed in traverso, I'm working on
it!

Remon