trans-coord-devel

Re: Suggestion: Add optional-templates to the manual

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Add optional-templates to the manual
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 07:57:53 +0000

Hello, Dora!

On 06/28/2014 11:21 AM, Dora Scilipoti wrote:
> On 28/06/2014 11:27, Ineiev wrote:
>
>> The issue is too GNUN-specific for web-trans.texi; I've added more
>> references to optional templates to gnun.texi.
>
> Yes, but it is translators' job to translate them, and the lack of the
> usual .pot file may be confusing. However, I don't insist. The worse it can
> happen is that some translators may need to ask, and most probably he/she
> will get an answer somehow.

Yes: the occasional translators don't need to translate them (well, when
they need, they'll be instructed by somebody else); the regular translators
should know how to start a "New Translation", and that page now has
a reference to optional templates.

> <off-topic>
> I wonder if people who added the fsf-licensing include are aware that this
> is optional, and if they have considered using the .note class as a better
> choice to make sure it will be translated.
> </off-topic>

I don't think they are aware there are such things as optional templates
or any templates at all; the .note class is orthogonal to using SSIs,
and it wouldn't help maintain the same text that should show up in many
places.