trans-coord-devel

Re: Selective checkout of www

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Selective checkout of www
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:59:35 +0400

Hello, Thérèse!

On 09/01/2013 11:27 AM, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:
> You seemed to be interested in checking out a selected portion of the
> www repository. Attached are 2 versions of the same script:
> mini-www-checkout and micro-www-checkout.

Thank you!

> The mini www allows the "big" GNUmakefile to generate a complete page.
> (This is only theoretical, because I never saw a complete page being
> generated locally, even with the complete setup; the includes don't show
> up,

gnun-validate-html --expand-to=complete-page.html

Of course, the browser won't find the stylesheets; people typically
run Apache to see how it looks like in CSS-aware browsers.

> The mini-www-checkout reminds me of a mother who is picking her baby's
> toys all over the floor (no offense intended, I know this has historical
> reasons). :)

I think the script should get the list of files from gnun.mk; I'll post
a prototype implementation later.

> TMP1=$(mktemp /tmp/ckout.XXXXXX)
> rm -f /tmp/ckout.*

The latter compromises the purpose of mktemp. GNUN scripts use
TMP1=`mktemp -t gnun.XXXXXX`
TMP2=`mktemp -t gnun.XXXXXX`
trap "rm -f $TMP1 $TMP2" EXIT

> # Find out where GNUN is installed, then add links to GNUmakefile and
> # config.mk into www/server/gnun/.
> if [ -n "$(which gnun-report)" ]; then
>  path=$(dirname $(which gnun-report))

Strictly speaking, this is not quite correct: GNU Coding Standards
support different locations for "bin" and "data"; and probably
it should be done in a different script, `gnun-build'.