trans-coord-devel

Request for help building a local copy

From: Catalin Francu
Subject: Request for help building a local copy
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:10:38 +0300

Hi,

I am a new member of the Romanian translation team and I am trying to build a local copy for the GNU web pages. I realize that I could just mail the .ro.po files and let somebody else submit them, but I'm a software engineer and I like to test things locally first. :-)

My problem is that I cannot figure out what commands to run to generate HTML from my .ro.po files. Specifically, the GNUN manual <http://www.gnu.org/software/trans-coord/manual/gnun/gnun.html#Usage> refers to a GNUmakefile, but there is no GNUmakefile anywhere in the www/ directory. The checkout command I ran was

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/www co www

I browsed the repository online and the GNUmakefile seems to have been removed <http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/www/server/gnun/?hideattic=0&root=www>.

Can you please point me to a working mechanism for rebuilding the pages locally?

Thanks,
Catalin