trans-coord-devel

[bug #30359] Wishlist: Add a link to po file in translated versions of p

From: Praveen Arimbrathodiyil
Subject: [bug #30359] Wishlist: Add a link to po file in translated versions of pages
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:09:14 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

It would be nice to have a "Download po file" link just after. "Please see
the Translations README for information on coordinating and submitting
translations of this article." for translators. It would make it easier for
translation team members to inspect status of specific translations instead of
tracking the whole repository via (we have many people in our translation team
and it would help people to take responsibility for specific pages).

We can expect a coordinator to know and be able to use CVS, but if that
barrier can be reduced a bit for other team members, it would be helpful for
many non technical users who would like to participate but are not able to
cope with a version control system (I know there is a plan for integrating a
web based translation system but this would be a small step without much
efforts). Anyway it is an extra barrier which we could easily do away.

PS: Consider vertimus also as a candidate - it is used by gnome
(l10n.gnome.org)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30359>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/