trans-coord-devel

Re: view-fuzzy beta version ready

From: George Zarkadas
Subject: Re: view-fuzzy beta version ready
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 06:12:17 +0300

Hi all,

view-fuzzy is more or less complete; the most useful way to use it is to run (switches in [...] are optional, use --help to find their meaning) this command in a fuzzy po file:

view-fuzzy -m -o <output-file> [-g8] <input-file>

to strip out all but the changed lines and then open the file with an editor that shows comments too, such as emacs. <output-file> can be same as <input-file> if you want to ovveride the source file in-place.

I am currently working on doing this automatically at the merging of repositories. But this is still *experimental* and not for those that are not willing to have their repositories restored frequently; my first attempt erased all my po files (this has been fixed, btw) and had to manually revert to previous revisions. I now tag my cvs with status-<iso date> tags before each test run.

The other stuff inside __tools__ is more 'esoteric' and not worth to deal with it yet.

best regards
George Zarkadas