trans-coord-devel

Re: GNUnited Nations Manual

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: GNUnited Nations Manual
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:42:08 +0300

Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:

> http://www.gnu.org/software/trans-coord/manual/gnun/gettext.html#Top

> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Introduction

This is a "deficiency" in Texinfo, because it expects every cross-link
to be in the same directory for all output formats, like the Info DIR.
It is not trivial to implement this in texinfo, but I prefer to wait
until it is done there, rather than fixing the link manually (as it
will be overwritten next time the manual is updated).  Another ugly
solution is to define conditionally a macro for every cross-manual
link, which at this point I don't want to do, as it's a maintenance
burden.

We frequently receive such reports at webmasters; I'd wish people
would stop reading HTML documentation.  Sorry :-{

I suggest donwloading the info file and browsing it with an Info
browser.  If you have the gettext manual installed, you'll jump there
without problem.