trans-coord-devel

Re: Releasing as a GNU package

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Releasing as a GNU package
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:13:37 +0300

В 03:53 +0300 на 21.08.2008 (чт), Kaloian Doganov написа:
> Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     * How to continue the development?  I think we should keep our
>       current testbed.
>
> This is the only viable option for now.

Agreed, but this is an obstacle for the major problem: GNUmakefile and
Makefile (after the user runs ./configure) in one directory.  I am still
thinking how to solve this.

>     * `make-prototype', `mailfail',

> I believe these files should go to libexecdir,

You're right, with the notable exception of `validate-html' (which still
has a generic name).  However, libexecdir is not in PATH, so the
makefile has to be updated somehow to use the full path to the binaries
(using config.mk generated by configure, or similar).

> May be we should always install those DTDs and leave to downstream
> packagers to consider using system-wide DTDs according to their system's
> XML policy (if any).

Sounds sensible, although I don't like that very much.  Where should we
install the DTDs?  It should be relative to $(prefix) and we can
probably make the script record the proper location (again, according to
the prefix the user specifies).

This also means to have the DTDs in CVS, and have `make dist' include
them in the tarball.