trans-coord-devel

whatsnew woes

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: whatsnew woes
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:48:57 +0200

On вт, 2008-02-12 at 23:35 +0200, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> d) Figure out how to handle translations of /server/whatsnew.xx.html
> and gnusflashes.xx.include.  It seems redundant to me to have XSLT for
> all languages (and a rule in rss/Makefile), but I can't think of any
> other solution.

I can't see a way to handle this sanely.  The only solution seems to be
dumb repetition of whatsnew.LANG.txt (manually maintained/translated)
plus whatsnew.LANG.xslt (naturally, also manually "translated").

whatsnew.LANG.html will be built by GNUN, but we'll add special
conditionals for the #include whatsnew.LANG.include directives.