trans-coord-devel

Re: More nits

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: More nits
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:18:24 +0200

On ср, 2008-02-27 at 15:11 +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> Why the latter form is preferred?

I suspect because 1) it is easier to read and clearer; 2) it works for
all shells; 3) 99.99% of the script writers do it this way.  All three
points are just speculation on my part -- I don't know the real reason.

> I do not have experience on reading and writing and reading shell
> scripts.

Neither do I.  Take a look at some maintainer scripts in Debian packages
(as most of them are 100% sh) or just the init scripts at /etc/init.d/.