trans-coord-devel

Re: Documentation (re)organization

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Documentation (re)organization
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:22:06 +0000

On чт, 2008-02-14 at 14:26 +0200, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> It is OK to keep things simple, but if there is going to be one manual,
> it should be web-translators.texi with the current contents of gnun.texi
> being only one (perhaps small) part of it.

I'm inclined to agree that maintaining two separate manuals is an
overkill.  There are so many things in the code that are
gnu.org-specific; the documentation is the last concern.

I want to start working on web-translators.texi shortly after the
testing phase begins, and I'd like web-translators.texi only to @include
gnun.texi.  There will be one manual, we'll just use gnun.texi as a
second file containing GNUN-specific information.  That's easier to
edit, I think, and will be easier to split when the time comes (and *if*
it comes, of course).

The only unclear bit is how to proceed with the "lastupdate" variable so
that any changes to both files are reflected.