trans-coord-devel

Re: trans-coord/gnun/server/gnun ChangeLog gnun.texi

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: trans-coord/gnun/server/gnun ChangeLog gnun.texi
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:23:39 +0200

Калоян Доганов wrote:

> IMO, the inserted clarification does not do any good.  The intended
> parallel here, in this paragraph, is between translating programs and
> arbitrary text.  This has to justify why gettext toolchain is used
> (althugh it is initially designed for programs).  Both are similar in
> many important aspects -- hence the common toolchain/file formats.

Strictly speaking, the parallel is wrong -- gettextizing essays and/or
documentation is nowhere near to useful as doing it for strings in
programs (even if they're long).  But gettextizing documentation and
essays is very similar; in fact it is almost the same thing.

But I agree that's not the right place for this wording.  Perhaps add
it as a footnote with more text/explanation?  Feel free to rephrase
it; failing that I'll do it w/i this week.