trans-coord-devel

Re: Error handling

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Error handling
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:29:28 +0200

Калоян Доганов wrote:

> Yes, they are different, but quite similar at the same time.  Can we
> parametrize the differences?

I'm not sure.  The automatic variables are different in all four
cases, and the cases can be grouped in pairs based on two other
differences -- the mail address and the necessity to touch a
prerequiste (the prerequisites to be touched are different).

+-----------------+---------+-----------+--------------------------+
|Target           |Automatic|Address    |touch /                   |
|                 |variable |           |prerequisite              |
+-----------------+---------+-----------+--------------------------+
|home.shtml       |$(<F)    |web        |NO                        |
+-----------------+---------+-----------+--------------------------+
|home.LANG.shtml  |$$(@F)   |translators|YES /                     |
|                 |         |           |$(rootdir)/po/home.$(1).po|
|article.html     |function |web        |NO                        |
|article.LANG.html|function |translators|YES / $(1).po             |

Seems fairly complicated to me.  I can't see a way to spare the
repetition of the command, although I also feel that we have to do
something.