trans-coord-devel

Re: trans-coord/gnun/prep/gnun README ChangeLog

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: trans-coord/gnun/prep/gnun README ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:47:44 +0200

On вт, 2008-02-12 at 12:34 +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
>     (along with some other things in this file).
>
> Which ones?

The w3c package, I guess.  Perhaps we should list the required files,
plus the Debian package name for convenience.

>     coreutils >= 6.9.90 | mktemp | debianutils >= 1.7 < 2.16
>
> Is this correct?

No.  mktemp, whether the standalone BSD-ish one or from coreutils is an
essential part of any system, so there's no need to list essential
packages as dependencies.  IOW, on your gNS system you either have
debianutils installed or your system is broken.

It is useless to list dependencies which are essential for a minimal
system, like glibc, e2fsprogs, etc.  It is ok that we list GNU sed,
because we're not sure we use portable sed expressions.