trans-coord-devel

Re: trans-coord/gnun/prep/gnun ChangeLog GNUmakefile

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: trans-coord/gnun/prep/gnun ChangeLog GNUmakefile
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:05:22 +0200

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 07:58:05PM +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> Yes, but this is exactly how the variable and it's possible values are
> expected to be used.

Why not VALIDATE=html,po,pot,foo?  It is impossible to know in advance
how a variable will be used for the lifetime of a program.

> I confess I am not experienced in writing Makefiles.  Could you point me
> to some examples of this common usage pattern?

This is pretty standard and widely used, my mind parses it immediately.
Take a look at a random Debian package where debian/rules supports
noopt, nostrip or nocheck in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.