trans-coord-devel

Re: cvs -n

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: cvs -n
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:38:01 +0200

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:

    this is just a wrong impression that you rightfully have from the
    message cvs prints.

You are right.

    One unfortunate effect is that the build will fail in a working
    directory of anonymous checkout.  There is an easy workaround -- you
    only must have a Savannah account which all translators already do.

That's why I think it is still better not to rely on `cvs -n'.  VCS=no
should really block VCS operations and should not try to connect to a
remote repository (asking for authentication credentials, etc.).  Why
forcing the users to workaround this issue when we can fix it easily?