trans-coord-devel

Re: Support for VCS operations

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: Support for VCS operations
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:28:14 +0200

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:

    Is there a way to import the code in a CVS repository, preserving
    the Subversion history?  I know it works the other way round, but
    this is the first SVN->CVS migration I've heard of :-}

There is a tool that does this job - svn2cvs [1].  I've tried it on a
local CVS repository and the results are promising.

[1]  http://svn2cvs.tigris.org/

But if we're going to rename `i18n' to `gnun', we will lose the history
anyway.  May be it's better not to bother with history preserving.  We
can just arrange the project layout with the agreed structure and import
it on CVS as initial import, without the accumulated history so far.