trans-coord-devel

Po4a wraps the <script> of the FSF widget

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Po4a wraps the <script> of the FSF widget
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:34:06 +0200

About this recent TODO entry:

    * Po4a wraps the <script> of the FSF widget at /server/banner.html,
      which makes it disfunctional.  It seems that the problem is the
      C++-style comment `// already a member...'.  The solution would be
      either to 1) Include a comment for translators that will appear in
      PO message not to include it; 2) Delete it somehow automatically;
      3) Persuade Matt not do to such things.

The main question is this: do we consider <script> as translatable?  If
it is, we should fix Po4a not to wrap it's text while incliding it in
the POT file.  If we consider it non-translatable, then it's easy to
skip it by specifying -o "tags=<script>" on the command line ("skipped"
tags are skipped only from POT/PO-files, but are still included in the
final document, so the widget will appear in the translation).