tramp-devel

Re: tramp-container doesn't follow `ENV PATH` in docker file

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp-container doesn't follow `ENV PATH` in docker file
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:44:49 +0200

ParetoOptimalDev <pareto.optimal@mailfence.com> writes:

Hi,

> I say this only to present my actual experience report and vent about my
> failures despite a good faith effort. I'm aware there
> are likely more pressing priorities for the project and appreciate all
> volunteer time and efforts though.

Indeed, it is just missing spare time I cpild work on this. However,
your messages aren't lost, and I will take them into account when
working on this. My rough idea is to allow tramp-remote-path being nil,
and then just don't touch anything from $PATH remotely. But I don't know
about possible side effects.

Note that there's bug#61926, which is also about tramp-remote-path. When
working on this, I'll try to fix both problems.

> Thanks!

Best regards, Michael.