tramp-devel

Re: Regression in tramp-sh-handle-file-local-copy

From: Kristofer
Subject: Re: Regression in tramp-sh-handle-file-local-copy
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:50:23 +0200

Hi Michael

Yes that did the trick! Now it's working like it did earlier, and I also think i noticed a slight performance improvement when opening files.

Much thanks!

Best Regards
Kristofer

On August 17, 2022 8:39:08 PM GMT+02:00, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:
Kristofer <kristofer.hjelmtorp@mailbox.org> writes:

Hello!

Hi Kristofer,

But I noticed recently a regression in tramp-sh-handle-file-local-copy
on the recent master of TRAMP.
The "let* statement in the beginning of the function was replaced with
and "if-let". The problem for me is that tramp-inline-coding returns
nil for me, but instead I just set tramp-copy-size-limit to nil and
use pscp or psftp for copying.

Do we really need to even check for remote encoding and local encoding
if tramp-copy-size-limit is set to nil and we are going to do and "out
of bounds" copy anyways?

Does the appended patch fixes it for you?

Best Regards
Kristofer

Best regards, Michael.