tramp-devel

Re: Cannot use sudo in eshell

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Cannot use sudo in eshell
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:25:16 +0100

Reza Housseini <reza.housseini@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Reza,

> that was perhaps a bit too quick, I meant to say that I made a typo
> and the error still persists when I use the correct syntax: cd
> /ssh:msc@s1-mb-com-02|sudo:s1-mb-com-02:~  gives me
> sudo:s1-mb-com-02:~: command not found

Reproducible here. It looks, like the pipe "|" is in the way, because it
will be interpreted by the eshell parser. You must quote it, like

cd "/ssh:msc@s1-mb-com-02|sudo:s1-mb-com-02:~"

or

cd /ssh:msc@s1-mb-com-02\|sudo:s1-mb-com-02:~

See also the eshell manual in (info "(eshell) Arguments")

Best regards, Michael.