top10-devel

[Top10-devel] Top10 release 2005-01-08

From: Johann Deneux
Subject: [Top10-devel] Top10 release 2005-01-08
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:33:02 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded a new version of top10, and updated the web site:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/top10/ for the project page, with links to:
o the web page http://www.nongnu.org/top10/
o the download area http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/top10/

New visible features:
- Rewrite of the track editor. There are now two GUIs available: QT, for linux only; and PLIB, for linux and windows. That one is not functional yet, but it's on its way.
- Foggy weather: features fog and a reduced grip.
- Sound: The volume of the annoying skidding sound depends on the amount of lateral skidding, as opposed to the amount of skidding. That actually reduces the volume of the skidding sound. It is also adjusted to be weaker when skidding on a wet road, or on the grass. - FOV: the field of view has been decreased to a lower, more realistic value.

I will focus my efforts these coming days on the PLIB track editor. Then I'll see.

--
Johann