top10-devel

Re: [Top10-devel] Build problems ..

From: Johann Deneux
Subject: Re: [Top10-devel] Build problems ..
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:43:48 +0200

Lars Segerlund wrote:
 Thanks, now it builds, I still have a linking problem I'm fixing at the
moment, but it looks ok. ( cant find -lqt, so it's my installation ).

 Btw. the new 'head menu' might be an important step for top10 :-) ... perhaps
I could cludge on some network gaming ? what do you think ?

Nice, that would be less work for me :)
For the network gaming, I was thinking of letting clients take care of the simulation of their kart, rather than doing it on a central server. The central server would only be used to forward messages from one client to all other clients. There are issues related to cheating with this approach, but I have some ideas to detect that.

Classes of interest are:
top10::ui_interactive::FakeKart (already used to draw the ghost)
top10::racing::LapRecord and KartState (to record a lap for a kart, by storing its state at various time intervals)

FakeKart takes care of interpolating the state of the kart according to the last and next known state. This must be changed to use the last known state only. In order to do that, the state must also include the linear and angular speed.

In the mean time, I compiled Qt Free on windows, that would hopefully allow me to compile the track editor on windows.

--
Johann