top10-devel

Re: [Top10-devel] Visual effekts ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Top10-devel] Visual effekts ..
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:29:26 +0100

 Terra form is a software,

http://terraform.sourceforge.net/

I haven't used it just started it and checked it out, but it seem's like it would be a nice editor ( I dont want to write one :-) ).

There is a nice method to pack height data and textures with fractal methods, which is FAST to unpack ( 12 additions and 4 mutliplications for a given point :-) ) ... but I think it might be a bit early to do the tough tricks :-) ...

If you like fractals check for mojoworld :-) ... on google or something .. a friend of mandelbrot has a new company doing nice things.

So I figure, I check if I can get a mapper/renderer going .. and after that we can check if it is possible to use it with top10 .

 / Lars

But first .. I will try to get it running good enough for some real tests ..

 Also could you put some more info in the README ?

It doesn't describe how to use another cart .. or how to chsange view !! ( or I'm blind :-) ) ..

Oh, there was a README file ??? I forgot about this one ;)
Ok, I will update it.