tof-general

[Tof-general] oath

From: Grace Robinson
Subject: [Tof-general] oath
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 17:40:33 +0300

We told him about the sinkhole and he told us he was also having some video dubbed off.
As the person got closer, I could tell from the baggy clothes that the person, a guy, was definitely no cop.
But I know it took me a while just to get where I felt like my legs weren't going to fall out from underneath me.
The owner's car was actually at the bottom, although it was impossible to see it.
There was nothing supporting the half of the house over the sinkhole, and it looked ready to fall in at any moment. Climbing great heights like that was always a little unnerving. Hiccup and I had even tried and failed to find it in the dark shortly before this trip.
We followed the crowd around to where a couple dozen people or so were standing next to the police tape. I wanted to make sure I had a secure edge to hold onto this time. I decided right away I'd probably just keep it as a souvenir instead of cashing it. However, we found a door that was nearly rusted shut that hid the stairway.
As we were heading out, she was just coming into the room, and we chatted with her a bit.
There were clothes, furntiure, and pretty much anything else you'd expect to find at a garage sale.
The building was two stories tall and in incredible shape for a building that was over a hundred years old.
However, since it was daylight and Dodd City was about the size of a postage stamp, I didn't figure we'd have any problem finding it this time.
Louis guys had found that seemed to have a flooded underground chamber underneath it.
We were just thankful and made a hasty retreat back to the resort we were staying at. We told her that if she ever had an exhibition of abandoned places in art, we knew plenty of people that would come see it. We introduced ourselves, and they were very excited to meet me. The owner's car was actually at the bottom, although it was impossible to see it.
We found everything from a shoe store, to a jewelry store, to an electronics store, and, of course, several clothing stores.
The only thing really missing was the seats in front of the lanes and the pin-setting machines.
As we were heading out, she was just coming into the room, and we chatted with her a bit.
Personally, the idea of sitting up there for hours waiting on a helicopter was almost as sickening as the idea of climbing down. It was a miracle they hadn't given way underneath me. I would've done anything, ANYTHING, to keep from having to go back down that ladder.
At the bottom of the tunnel, a rusted air vent gave way enough for me to slip inside, although it was a dirty experience.
It wasn't a basement, because the walls were natural rock and the chamber looked to be manmade and mined out. In the middle of the thoroughfare, there was also a large clock, as well as raised concrete area that had once had plants growing in it.
The water, however, looked about five or six feet deep, so there was no point in breaking out the waders we'd brought with us.
We also saw the two guys from before wandering around down below taking pictures and waved to them.