tof-general

Re: [Tof-general] Use of MySQL with TOF

From: Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy
Subject: Re: [Tof-general] Use of MySQL with TOF
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 01:01:15 -0300

Carson;

I'm working on an Interbase "port" and the MySql port is a side project. My
concern is mostly regarding the reliance on referential integrity which of
course MySql does not have. I've also been thinking about rollback/commit
issues but I believe tof does not use that. I plan to look into the base.sql
script this week. However, don't think that you're reinventing the wheel (at
least not in my view) because we do not have any wheels yet :-) So, any input
you have is most welcome.

On the other hand, since I've found that Postgres is behaving itself (no more
strange errors), my need for an Interbase port is not as strong.

Miguel