tof-general

Re: [Tof-general] Tof with Mysql

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: [Tof-general] Tof with Mysql
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 01:50:54 +0100

  Miguel> I can also help out with this because I know MySq (in fact I
  Miguel> am planning on porting tof to Interbase)l. My only problem
  Miguel> is "time". You may have noticed from the maling list that I
  Miguel> have everything installed, but now, about 3 months later, I
  Miguel> still haven't used the system. My plans are to work on this
  Miguel> during carnival time in Brazil which is in the middle of
  Miguel> February this year. If you can wait that long, I'll take a
  Miguel> look at this aspect of Tof.

  Miguel> Of coure, I can help you out in the meantime with specific
  Miguel> problems.

Anyway, my little piece of advice would be to jave a base class for
all SQL stuff, so that other databases can be easily added just by
defining a few methods. As I said, I think the only postgresql
specific features that I used are in getSequenceNextValue().

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden              http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/