tof-general

Re: [Tof-general] Installation & Configuration

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: [Tof-general] Installation & Configuration
Date: 14 Oct 2001 03:44:04 +0200

  Miguel> I'm getting a login error in any screen (this happens
  Miguel> anytime "?again=yes" is processed, but not with
  Miguel> "?againa=yes"):

  Miguel> Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: Attribute 'UserID'
  Miguel> not found in /home/httpd/phplib/db_pgsql.inc on line 69
  Miguel> Database error: Invalid SQL: select "UserID","Name","Email"
  Miguel> from users where username = '' and password = '' PostgreSQL
  Miguel> Error: 1 (ERROR: Attribute 'UserID' not found ) Session
  Miguel> halted.

  Miguel> If I examine this SQL, it looks bad to me because the fields
  Miguel> in the SELECT are quoted. Unfortunately the use of PHPlib
  Miguel> makes the code pretty difficult to follow (for me), to
  Miguel> discover why it is quoted, so I need some ideas of what to
  Miguel> do to fix this error.

This must be because of Postgresql weird -- in my opinion at least --
case sensitiveness handling. If when you create you do not quote field
names, they are lower cased. But if you you then send queries with
quotes and mixed case, the names won't match. I used a work-around in
slooze_ct_sql.php but I must have forgotten it here. In fact, I
corrected this in the latest CVS version. In slooze_local.php, line
134, you should remove the quotes.

  Miguel> I feel I'm pretty close to get this working :-)

You shall be rewarded for you perseverance :-)

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden              http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/