toad-devel

[Toad-devel] Approach for first iteration of TOAD

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Toad-devel] Approach for first iteration of TOAD
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:08:47 +1000

Howdy all,

So here we are, wanting to create TOAD.  I'm currently to-ing and
fro-ing with Savannah getting the CVS repository in shape, but until
that time there's lots to discuss, including what we should be creating
as a first stage.

What is the smallest/simplest useful program, that could later become
part of TOAD?  Such a program is probably the best target for our
initial efforts.

Options I see, in increasing order of complexity:

  - a player registry, storing player information in a flat file

  - a match results recorder, again storing in a flat file

  - a match pairer (this is probably useless without other supporting
    infrastructure, like the data to work on) for some simple algorithm
    (single elimination? round-robin?)

  - an interface shell, with no functionality behind it but allowing
    discussion about how it should work

Thoughts?

--
 \      "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything |
  `\                                         you know."  -- Sassan Tat |