tlf-devel

Remove CTCOMPATIBLE mode (RFC #2)

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Remove CTCOMPATIBLE mode (RFC #2)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 18:40:39 -0500

I just opened issue #407 to remove CTCOMPATIBLE mode and all associated
code and documentation.  Here is the text from the issue:

------------------------

I first broached this subject back in November 2019:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2019-11/msg00120.html

I'd found that the CT commands in Tlf were not correct but since no one had
ever complained, I corrected them. No one complained about the changed behavior
which led to this thread in January 2020:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2020-01/msg00003.html

One objection was posted by Fred, DH5FS:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2020-01/msg00010.html

Questions were asked of Fred with no response. In May 2020 I followed up the
thread with:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2020-05/msg00008.html

Still no word from Fred.

If there is no opposition, CTCOMPATIBLE will be removed. I think there is
enough capability in Tlf to warrant moving on from what is now essentially a
dead and gone way of logging.

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB