tlf-devel

Xplanet works for a while then quits

From: John Lindley
Subject: Xplanet works for a while then quits
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:45:38 -0800

I set up Xplanet on TLF with help from the previous entries here - thank you!. It works as expected for an hour or two then stops and will not restart. I know what is wrong, but I don't know how to fix it.
When TLF writes a marker file or when Xplanet writes a new map image, the old file or image is being saved in the 'trash' folder. If the band is active, lots of files are written, and it eventually uses all the 'trash' space. I can delete these files from the trash directory, and Xplanet will work again for a while. I am running Ubuntu 18, TLF-1.4.1 and xplanet-1.3.0
I assume archiving old files is a 'feature' that is enabled in some set-up file, but I have been unable to find a file on the computer or any reference to this problem or such a set-up file on the web. Any help would be appreciated.
I really like TLF. The Xplanet display is not essential to my use, but I like to have everything working.
Jack W6YOY