tlf-devel

Re: Hamlib keying

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Hamlib keying
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 08:35:31 +0100

Hi Chris,

Am Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:28:10 +0100
schrieb Thomas Beierlein <dl1jbe@darc.de>:

> > > - Sending Fx-messages does not work at all and gives no error or
> > >   warning.
> >
> > That shouldn't make a difference and is probably a followup error
> > from the above. Do the Fx keys start by issuing a stop morse
> > command? That would explain the trouble.
> >
> No, not really. There are also no error messages at all. Maybe it is a
> problem with my rig (TS590), so I will dig a little bit deeper myself.

I just had a look into it.

1. I have to correct myself as there are error messages, but after only
after the time the message  should need for sending

2. It shows that the message strings are '\n' terminated. Seems Kenwood
does not accept that character in hamlib_send_morse() but cwdaemon and
other rigs just ignores them.

Tested with '\n' removed and the message gets send.

Let me look how to handle it best (drop newline from the message body
or filter it out during message send).

73, Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"