tlf-devel

Re: Rethinking the need for CT compatible mode

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Rethinking the need for CT compatible mode
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 17:45:40 +0200

Am Thu, 21 May 2020 07:19:00 -0500
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> What's the thinking on this?  I'd like to simplify the code page and
> the man page, if possible.
>
> 73, Nate

Hi Nate,

thanks you brought it on the table again.

The last comments from Fred DH5FS questioned the use of the
Enter-send-message scheme for QSO input. Thinking about it we should
make sure that we can log a QSO via ESM and also without.

Correct me if I am wrong: Atm the only way is using ESM or working in
CT mode?

I for myself see no need to keep the CT mode but We should strongly
check that you can enter a QSO without ESM.

73, de Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea