tlf-devel

Re: so2r

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: so2r
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 08:39:30 -0500

* On 2020 18 Apr 05:02 -0500, m5evt wrote:
> The SDR setup really lends itself well to so2r (and at low cost). I have
> been thinking about implementing an OTRSP (https://www.k1xm.org/OTRSP)
> listener within linhpsdr. I think I am correct in saying hamlib doesn't
> have this OTRSP protocol embedded within?

No, Hamlib does not have any concept of controlling multiple devices
through a single instance.  However, there should be no limit, aside
from computer resources, on the number of Hamlib instances a program can
create so long as they're each accessing a unique device on a unique
port.  Likewise, multiple instances of rigctld/rotctld can be run so
long as each is opening a unique device on a unique port and each *ctld
instance is bound to a unique TCP port.

BTW, I like the rest of your ideas, even though I probably will never do
SO2R!

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB