tlf-devel

Re: unixcw/cwdaemon and SDR support

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: unixcw/cwdaemon and SDR support
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 21:09:51 +0200

Hi Matthew,

I did run into the issue with cwdaemon: after an upgrade its config file
was reset and it produced an erratic keying. Changing sound back to 'n'
solved the issue and my conclusion was that cwdaemon is meant for either
keying or side tone generation, but not for both. Which was just fine for me
as I anyway prefer the side tone generated by the rig. So I didn't bother
looking into it.

For unixcw you can contact Kamil (unixcw.sourceforge.net) although he
doesn't seem to be too active recently. I was able to get some fixes
included into the code by providing a PR on sourceforge. But that was
several years ago.

Is the root cause of the issue clear? Simply reducing buffer size wouldn't
hurt too much the performance IMO, so if that really cures the problem
then it should be OK.

Re tlfmarkers: currenly it contains just the last handful of spots received
from the cluster, not what is exactly shown on the band map.
I think this is a bug, i.e. the band map evolved into a usable feature
whereas tlfmarkers remained using old spot handling.
Probably it has not many users, so no-one complained.
So this one is a task to be completed.

73,
Zoli
ha5cqz