tlf-devel

Re: WARC Bands

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: WARC Bands
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 09:20:06 +0100

Hi Austin,

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 07:28:15PM -0500, Austin Seraphin, KA3TTT wrote:
> Sorry to ask an obvious question, but how do you enable WARC bands while
> logging? On a related note, I don't quite understand the difference that
> enabling contest mode makes. Does it change the behavior of the enter
> key, or does it have other effects? I wondered if disabling it would
> enable the WARC bands, but it didn't.

if you put the option "CONTEST_MODE" into your rules/contest file
(or your logcfg.dat), then Tlf will operate in contesting mode,
and will *not* use WARC bands.

If this option missing, or exists but you're using the CONTEST
as "dxped", Tlf will use WARC bands too, eg. you will see them in
your Worked window, see the spots in cluster from those bands,
and Tlf will includes them if you switch the bands (eg. pressing
LEFT or RIGHT cursor).

> I ask because I belong to the SKCC. It has sprints which use the
> standard non-WARC contest bands, but it also has awards which can use
> any band. The sprints count towards the awards. How should I best
> configure tlf for this case? I'll contribute the rules once I have
> something working if it would help.

I'm using Tlf for logging the "regular", daily QSO's too, not
just for contest. I just simple removed the CONTEST_MODE, and I
always see everywhere the WARC bands.

(Note, I don't have ANT for WARC bands, so I'm not using them.)

73, Ervin
HA2OS