tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem

From: Drew Arnett
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 14:42:23 +0000

Thanks for digging in, Ervin.

I will look at that pull request.  Another difference in my case is
that I'm using my pywinkeyerdaemon with a K1EL (www.hamcrafters.com)
'WinKeyer USB'.  https://github.com/drewarnett/pywinkeyerdaemon  (One
diff though, as I need to update it for the later python-serial lib;
timeout is now set by attribute, not method.  I also need to publish a
python3 version!)  Interrupting auto_cq to respond would involve
sending a message to NETKEYER/cwdaemon.  Maybe my implementation has a
subtle, problem causing difference?  I'll either examine my code
versus what cwdaemon does or just install the standard cwdaemon and
see if there is any difference.

I've also finished the experiment where I installed buster on the hard
disk and tlf and my config files.  The problem still exists.  So,
maybe that confirms that it is not the same problem pull 84 fixed.

I will pursue my idea regarding NETKEYER/cwdaemon/pywinkeyerdaemon
both by experiment and by reviewing cwdaemon and pywinkeyerdaemon
source.  I would be interested in hypothesis or suggestions for what I
may try.

Thanks and best regards,

Drew
kb9fko